Monday, 11 May 2015

Evaluation - Task 7

7. Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?
Script:

Q: What are the main components that have improved from your prelim?
RA: I think one of them has to be general understanding of concepts, conventions, audience and editing. I think we all understood the angles and shots quite early on (near the prelim) but near the beginning of the school year, if you asked us to make and edit a film, aimed at a specific target audience; we would have no idea how.

Q: Taking into account both your prelim and final opening, what do you think you have improved the most?
OD: Its gotta be the original shots used in our first attempt. The 180 degree rule, match on action and the shot/reverse shot are a few things we kept looking at and trying to include throughout even though we didn't include all of them as much as we wanted to.

Q: Throughout this process, how do you think the camera work has improved?
AG: When I done the filming for the prelim, I didn't have much understanding of camera angles and shots but as the year moved on my understanding grew and I could help my group not only film but direct. Although that is the case, I know my understanding could be better
.

Q:Thinking back across the year, what would you say you've learnt and can take away from this?
CC: As Reuben said, I think the general understanding of shots, concepts, conventions, movement, editing and the like have been massively increased. Not only this but smaller things that we've learnt which are just as helpful such as understanding target audiences and doing research on other films of the same genre has given us a better understanding of media in general.

AG: Alexis Grimshaw(me)
CC: Curtis Cariciollo
RA: Reuben Allard
OD: Oscar Dobslaw

No comments:

Post a Comment